Saturday, October 2, 2010

There is Still Hope!

The BFF and I had a fun little Thursday night. We had promised a friend (actually, The Russian's roommate) that we would attend his Columbia B-school's club happy hour. The theme was "Is it fashionable, Euro, or gay" because those were the three clubs hosting it.

He insisted we look quite fashionable (his club), so the two of us got all dolled up and made the trek to the Upper West Side, not a frequent occurrence for little east village-homebodies like ourselves.

In my head it was very Gossip Girl. Just like Blair and Serena, we were ready to dominate this new school.

Of course, when we got there, we saw that we're way over dressed and it turned into more of our typical Romy and Michele awkardness.

Before we had left, The BFF suggested that perhaps we might meet our future husbands on this B-school social outing but I reminded her of the clubs involved. Seemed highly unlikely.

One guy (who apparently had a girlfriend, according to the background on his iphone...what kind of proof is that, creepster?) took us under his wing and introduced us to plenty of guys (none of whom were our soulmates, shocking).

It didn't matter, though, because we all went to the after party where The BFF's aforementioned younger boytoy came to meet us. Having not seen him since the Facebook Relationship Double Wedding Spoiling Incident of Last Week, we were both reminded of how cute and nice he was (well I was reminded that his twin brother was probably that cute and nice too, we must not let this dream die!).

If these women can find love, I mean, come on, there has
to be hope for us too, right?
I decided it was time to put on my Rachel Detective Hat and get to the bottom of the sitch. While The BFF was in the bathroom, I casually asked, "So what's up with your relationship status on Facebook?"

At first he had no idea what I was talking about. Then it clicked. He had dated some girl a few months ago who suggested they be in a relationship in that oh-so-official-our-names-link-together kind of way. But once they broke it off, she cancelled it from her end, leaving him with just the "in a relationship" status. Since he works 23 hours per day with FB blocked, he didn't realize it.

After we came to this conclusion, he looked at me and asked, "But why hasn't anyone - why didn't The BFF - tell me this?!"

It was like he'd been walking around all day with his fly unzipped and I was finally the one to break the news. Sorry, dude, at least you know now. 
We will make beautiful bride(zillas).

So there you have it. He's single and still a twin. I mean, we have the minor detail of his brother probably not being interested in me, but whatever! I've overcome bigger obstacles in life! There is still a chance!!

Save the Date: Double Wedding Summer Solstice 2012 (The BFF has made it very clear to me that this is her new ideal wedding date - when the longest day of the year falls on a Saturday - so another thing is already checked off the to-do list, how efficient.)


1 comment:

  1. The year is actually 2014...no way I can make 2012!....or probably 2012

    ReplyDelete