Sunday, October 17, 2010

Plan G

After being cloked in a veil of indifference, for the first time in a long time, I finally feel something. I have a crush. (By long time, I obviously mean like a day. What can I say, you already know I'm fickle. The Girl Who Cried Soulmate. Whatever.)

But I'm overcome with that butterfly excitement, that hopeless romantic desire, that "I will stalk the crap out of his Facebook pictures" CGS. It's beautiful. In a creepy sort of way.

He's my entire list of what I'm looking for. He's the trifecta of looks, brains, and personality. Tall, witty, and athletic. He is also a phenomenal dancer. (I should also mention that I think I'm a phenomenal dancer in case that affects your opinion of the previous compliment.) And, to top it off, he recently mentioned he wanted to be just like the dad on Modern Family. Oh Phil Dunphy, the one I just blogged about??

Even with all these great qualities, according to my mother, he's not a good future husband candidate because he's not from Texas. (She has a weird elitist Texas issues - mostly related to fears about me potentially not living close by  - that she needs to move past.) However, he might win her over with their newfound Facebook wall post comment banter. I'm not even kidding.

Anyway, there are two small problems standing in between a relationship with me and a guy who has literally professed his desire to marry me. Seriously. (And yes there was drinking involved.)

This past weekend while I was in Austin, we rekindled the friendship started last summer when I visited Denver. G - I'm getting lazy with nicknames again - is a law school buddy of my friend S. We hit it off during the infamous White Pants in the House Tonight night, one of the most epic of all time, where he actually performed a very chivalrious dropping of the trou to fend off weird molestation by creepy dive bar singers. What a guy.

Although we lived far apart, we stayed friends via The Internet, even when I had a boyfriend. (This story may sound familiar. What is my deal?) Which brings us to issue numero uno. He lives a thousand miles away.

What.is.my.problem?

The second debacle is that he is, well, on the verge of having a girlfriend. The DTR talk is imminent. And yet, I like him.

I know, I know. Believe me, I know. Far away with another girl ready to date him? Worst.possible.scenario.

But I can't help how I feel. I have a crush.

At least now I know that my heart is in fact not made of stone. Woo hoo. Silver lining.

Update: This did not end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment