Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Throw Backs to College Are My Fave

{Random sidenote: One of my fave blogs You Are My Fave inspired this title.}

This past weekend I scooted back to Texas for another wedding, just three short weeks after my last trip. And it ruled. If flights were free and you weren't accosted at the airport for not finishing the last sip of water in your bottle before going through security, I'd prob go home as frequently. (There was another friends' wedding Memorial Day weekend but sadly the aforementioned examples are in fact a reality. Congrats to Matt & Susan!! Obv stalked your pics and it looked great!)

Okay, on with the show. So this wedding weekend was different than the last because it was in Dallas. Ol' Big D. I know Austin like the back of my hand. I can get around in Houston. I know nothing about Dallas, except that all the trips I've taken there lately have been like visiting a magical land of awesomeness.

This is thanks to my mom's best friend and her husband who live there (in a beautiful house where they pamper us. Oh yeah they have two adorable King Charles Spaniels, so yes, basically, heaven.).

Clearly anytime I go to Dallas, I try very hard to book a reservation with them. And they always oblige because they're saints.

Along with me, four of my college BFFs/sorority sisters/roommates stayed too as well as my parents, who couldn't resist the fun.

Part-ay. Just like when we all lived together in college (minus the parental units).

When I graduated, I knew I would never live as well as I did in the sorority house (we lived there junior and/or senior year. I did both, although graduated a semester early. I know, what was I thinking). Four story red-bricked mansion with big white columns, two chefs, housekeepers, and a FRIDGE STOCKED WITH AMAZING FREE FOOD AND LEFTOVERS!!! (such fat girl excitement). And now ol' Cinderella has to do everything herself. Wah wah.

Going to Dallas is like taking a time machine back to When Life Was Super Awesome.

Us girls made ourselves at home, took over the upstairs spreading out all of our requisite beauty tools everywhere, were provided with delish snackages, and were served margs while floating on rafts in their beautiful backyard pool. Heaven.

(Except some people have a selective memory about their quasi-albino tanning abilities and are now sporting super awkward sunburn striations. To give you an even better visual, I basically look like a sunburnt ice cream sandwich. Hawt. Hooray for being stupid enough to think that a bottle "base" tan was legit.)

Not only was it great to see my own friends, but it's also fun to see my mom with her own college BFF, reliving their (crazy) college memories.

Like, for instance, the legendary story of how my mom picked up my dad at a bar on 6th street, and how after he called her, she stalked him old school Phonebook style, found out how lived down the street diagonal to her and her bff, and, in their pajamas, went to check out his apt. Oh and they used to call him Jungle Jim - allegedly because he looked like Tarzan? - but also just a good pun.

That little family story should help clarify why I am the way I am...

Thanks again L&E for all you do (and have done) and for all the awesome stories you've shared about my parents. Bwahaha. Y'all are the best.

The entire weekend went by way too fast. And even sadder, we don't have anymore wedding reunions on the horizon (clearly no one's holding their breath I'll be next). So everyone needs to come visit me in NYC!!!


P dot S: I thought we were doing a "crazy" picture in this one, but clearly it's just me.

2 comments:

  1. little apple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you this weekend.

    Sombrero Ball Toss was not the same.

    Come back...soon.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete