Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

Hope everyone has a fun "2nd Biggest Letdown Night of the Year!" (first, of course, being Valentine's Day). Look at me, good thing being in a relationship hasn't changed me (and my capacity for cynicism).

Today is also my parents' anniversary! Mazel Tov. Approximately 27(?) years ago they got married on New Year's Eve and allegedly had a pretty rockin' party for their reception. Thanks for the invite, mom and dad.

As far as anniversary dates go, NYE is a pretty easy for my dad to remember, but since it's also one of the busiest nights of the year, it can be a pain to make plans to go out (especially for someone who doesn't love busy restaurants and prefers to fall asleep in the living room watching PBS...yes my family is wild). This year, though, I served as a witness to my dad attempting to secure reservations, yet my mom - the woman who loves to complain about his lack of effort in situations such as these - was being indecisive about it all. 

So I don't know what they'll end up doing, but if they don't do anything, he is off the hook! He tried!!! I vouch for his effort! Love y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment