Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Lobster Failed

Dear loyal readers -

I have let (all four of) you down. I've been to focused on my own life and the lives of celebrities that I forgot one of my most important journalistic duties: Reporting on sea creature current events. And it seems some important news has transpired. Fail.

According to reputable animal news source National Geographic, global warming might be "supersizing" CRUSTACEANS. Seriously. According to a new study, more acidic oceans - a consequence of rising atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels - can produce jumbo-size shelled marine species, including lobsters, crabs, and shrimp." However, it's unknown whether the "animals' body mass also gets beefier along with their shells." Fingers.crossed.



I'm not sure if this is totally awesome, or kind of frightening, but either way, it makes me a little hungry. RL, anyone?

And to prove I'm serious about lobsters, I leave you with this awkward solo shot. And, yes, that is a lobster puppet I was gifted. Perfect.



My friend Lauren's FB comment on this pic, regarding my lobster bday paraphernalia:

"Rachel is like that person who used to like unicorns when she was a child, and as a grown-up adult still continues to get uniform themed gifts every holiday... only her obsession flourished way after childhood."

No comments:

Post a Comment