Thursday, September 29, 2011

Deep Thoughts On My Favorite People

Updated: Up All Night with Will Arnett, Christina Applegate and Maya Rudolph is really funny too. And you know what would be even better? If Will Arnett and his amazing wife Amy Poehler had a reality show about their lives. OMG can you even imagine how amazing that would be???


Don't get too excited, I don't have any real friends to write about. Last fall I decided to share with you a list of my favorite shows on the off-chance you gave a damn. And now I find myself in a similar situation with nothing exciting to blog about either! Woo hoo life progress!

Here are some updated thoughts:


Anyway, I really want you all to start watching it so we can talk about it. In an effort to do so, when I saw the following scene last week, I stopped what I was doing and typed it up to share with you. Because I have no life it is that great. Brace yourselves, it includes an inspirational message!  


Ron Swanson: You know when I was 12, my brother shot me in the pinky toe with a nail gun. Granted it was a hilarious prank and we all had a good laugh, but I avoided going to the doctor. I hate paperwork. After a few weeks the toe just kind of fell off.

Leslie Knope: You only have 9 toes? 

Ron Swanson: I have the toes I have. Lets just leave it at that. The point is, the doctor said if i had come in right away, they might have saved the toe. You cant run from your problems

Leslie Knope: Especially if you only have 9 toes. 

Reasons why I love this:
It's great banter. I use the phrase "hilarious prank" regularly. I too hate paperwork and it is a frequent barrier to me seeking medical treatment. And the message that you really shouldn't run from your problems is true. It is exhausting and stressful. And as I get older, running has really started to hurt my knees. If only you could elliptical machine from your problems, then I would endorse it... But seriously, good message. Man up and face your problems. And start watching this show. And come visit and entertain me in Berlin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment