Friday, September 16, 2011

Jack Donaghy, Mayor of Berlin

Berlin is covered with political posters sporting the faces of candidates for the upcoming local election. Much like with local elections in The States, most of the names mean nothing to me. However, the face of one man in particular captivated me from the first instance I laid eyes on him. It wasn't just the fact that his ads were always much larger and more prominently positioned than the rest, it was just something familiar about him. 

On the first evening Ashley was in town, we were walking to a local restaurant and spotted a campaign billboard. Even though it was only an image of him, his entrancing gaze locked us in. I asked, "Do you think he looks like...?" Before I could even get it out of my mouth, she said, "ALEC BALDWIN? YES!"

Yep, every single day when I walk to the U-bahn (subway) I see a giant poster of Jack Donaghy's doppelgänger staring back at me. And I'm not going to lie, I love it. Anyway, I soon learned that this was the current mayor up for re-election. I know nothing about Klaus Wowereit's politics, but I am pretty sure I would vote for him.

What do you think?




So even if the rumors of Alec's New York political aspirations never come to fruition, it's sort of like they already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment