Sunday, March 27, 2011

Status Update: I'm Still Fat

This scale doesn't take into account my good personality.
After the New Year, I publicly proclaimed the start of my new weight loss campaign. But since then I haven't really talked about it. And I figured you were all sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how it's going.

So how am I doing? In short, not well. I have not lost one single pound. Pathetic.

My problem isn't that I don't know how to lose weight. Because I do. It's just that my proposed motto Think before you eat has turned into Think about what you want to eat.

I try to be good, but I can't just seem to get ahead. I just love food.

Perhaps consuming my body's weight in french fries like in the case of my brunch yesterday is a reason. In our defense, when we asked for a side of fries, our water failed to tell us that both of our meals came with their own. So really, those calories don't count because it was his fault. (I hear justification burns calories.)

Weekends in general are diet dealbreakers. It's not my fault that my social mainstays are caloric catastrophes. A few beers and some dip during a little college basketball game watching at Bro J's, don't mind if I do.

So it's important that during the week I reign it in. And up until recently it's been going okay. I bring "rabbit food" to work for lunch, snack on carrots, and cook healthy meals at home.

Everything was on the right track.

Until my coworkers turned into evil snack-promoting demons. How dare they ask for my input into what goes into the newly-supplied snack drawer. Anything dark chocolate, thanks, jerks.

It's bad. Like they might be planning a Snacking Intervention for me. Because apparently it's kind of gross to eat BBQ Pringles and M&Ms at 10:30 am. Although in my defense, they spend more time with me than anyone, they know how I am!

The only positive report I can share is that I have maintained my promise to walk home every day (which would be way more awesome if it was actually nice outside, grrr), and along with Pilates, I've started doing yoga a few times a week.

I swear it's doing wonders. I'm stronger than I have been in years, and {insert eye roll her} but the physical-spiritual connection has really helped me find my balance.

I feel good. I feel at peace. And I feel like if I finally lost a few pounds of hibernation weight then I'd have a rockin' bikini bod.

And that's what inner zen is all about.

Namaste.

P dot S: It's sad that I was ranting about the same problem exactly a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment