Monday, October 5, 2009

Speaking of Wingman - Match.Mom Update

Since my youngest brother took my car with him to college, I was sans wheels while I was home. Totally fine since I enjoy being chauffeured around by my mommy. Anyway, while running errands one day we stopped by a coffee shop where she had wanted to get a gift certificate for a colleague. There happened to be a fairly attractive guy eating lunch there, who allegedly, according to my mom, was “checking me out.”

Mom: Go talk to him.
Me: What? Who?
Mom: That guy over there.
Me: Uh no? I’m not going to try and pick up some stranger with my mom.
Mom: I dare you.
Me: Seriously?
Mom: Double dare you.
Me: You’re not my wingman!!!
Mom: What if he’s your soulmate??
Me: Well clearly I am dying alone then.

This is my life.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing discussion of wingmoms on a recent Scrubs episode entitled "Our Drunk Friend." I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete