Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Guys From High School Walk Into a Bar

It has come to my attention that a lot of my stories start out this way, and people think I'm about to tell a joke, but instead I tell a mildly humorous anecdote. (That's just a warning to go into this with low expectations.)

So the other evening I went to a bar with some friends to watch the Jets/Patriots game, but really it was more like spending a few hours in a human vice grip. Having to wedge your body through a million Jets fans - while holding your puffy winter coat, approximately the size/difficulty to control of a toddler on the verge of childhood obesity - is no easy feat, let me tell you. Luckily, though, the boys were cute and the Bud Light was a flowin'.

Anyway, after the game was over, I said my goodbyes because unlike everyone else there, I had to go to work the next day. Don't even get me started.

On my way out, though, I ran into two guys from high school, who to be honest, I was fairly surprised recognized me. They offered me another drink to stay and catch up, and I obliged. Blah blah, what are you up to, blah blah blah. One of them had just moved to the city, the other was visiting. Apparently most of their friends from back in the day are total slackers, which reminded me how happy I am that I didn't peak in high school...

The funniest part, though, was what they had to say about The BFF. (She specifically told me not to blog about this, but she's been in the annoying habit of giving my number to random guys instead of her own, and then one of them texted me yesterday so HA I don't care. Retribution! Plus, she can't even leave an angry comment on this post because apparently there is something weird going on with my comments. Double Ha. Otherwise known as ha ha.)

Where was I? Oh right, I asked if they remembered her, and one of the guys said they had English together. "She was the smartest person in the class."

Then the other guy chimed in, "Yeah she was always a good reader." "Totally. She was such a good reader."

And there you have it. The BFF's high school legacy: Literacy.

Which, of course, is one of the traits I like most about her too.

Hahahahahahahhaha.

1 comment: