Monday, January 31, 2011

I Thought I Might Meet My Soulmate This Weekend

Proof of our athletic endeavor.
Spoiler alert: I did not.

I went on an alumni-organized ski trip on Saturday, just a quick little day trip ski jaunt, no big deal. [Actually it's something I've never taken advantage of living in New York, but I've always wanted to. Good ol' January New Year's Resolution bucket list helped make it a reality, woo hoo.]

My Texas friend Molly came with me, and when we booked the trip, we both had high hopes of meeting our FHs. I mean, how convenient would that be? Oh you're associated with The Greatest School Ever and you like to ski? My family will love you.

Sadly it wasn't meant to be. How do I say this...no one peaked my interest. The closest I came to meeting anyone was a guy who is interning in New York this semester, currently a junior at UT, who after telling us a story about how he ended up totally naked in an NYU dorm and had to fashion himself pants out of trash bags, asked if I wanted to marry him if I were still single at 30.

Um no. I think I'm busy that day.

But it felt good to get out of the city and into some nature, and more importantly, to remind myself how to ski. Even though I started when I was a wee four-year-old munchkin, it's been almost five years since my last trip. Needed some practice before I head to Colorado in a few weeks to ski with S.

Where I will definitely meet my soulmate. [Insert eye-roll here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment