Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Can't Help It If Celebs Flock To Me

If you've read this blog for awhile, you'll know there are a few things I truly enjoy:
  • Spending time with my best friends.  
  • Eating delicious food.
  • Socializing in the same circles as celebrities.

While I've been in Austin, I've managed to do all three.

On Tuesday night some of my closest college friends congregated in Austin to celebrate Meredith's move to Austin. We spent the first hour or so judging her for not having a single piece of furniture in her apartment. Omg Meredith, I'm totally joking! Stop having a heart attack.

From there we decided to eat dinner at Bess' Bistro, Sandra Bullock's restaurant on Sixth Street. The food is good, the ambiance is nice, but never did we think Miss Sandy B would be there in the flesh.

But oh was she ever. That woman is stunning.

Also, there were $20 bottles of wine. Not really part of the story, but just in case you're in Austin looking for a good deal...

Anyway, a little while later we heard some more commotion.

Drew Barrymore was there too.

Now, this is exciting on any level. But for me, this was way exciting.

You see, all the way back in October when I was here for ACL, my mom mentioned a celebrity had bought a house in our neighborhood. Uh huh sure. I mean, how do I say this nicely, our street is a little, uh, eclectic.
 
But in weird, uncharacteristic rarity, she refused to tell me who! How dare she dangle that piece of gossip in front of me without exposing the goods??
 
Well, when I got home for Christmas, she finally let me in on it: Ol' Lashblaster Barrymore. Little Miss Never Been Kissed. Julia Gulia.
 
So when I saw she was at Bess, of course I wanted to be neighborly and say hi.
 
Except she was there with a friend. A famous friend. Miss Scarlett Johansson.
 
Now, again, exciting at any time. But mind you this is a mere week or so after the announcement of her split from one of the Sexiest Men Alive. 
 
Let's take a minute to talk about Ry Ren. Swoon. Drool. His attractiveness transcends visual beauty. Let's be honest, a blind person would know how hot he is! It is incredibly difficult to fathom ending a relationship with someone so handsome without spawning a few children first. Sigh.
 
At this point I was clearly unable to control my excitement and was Tweeting/texting up a storm. Celebrities + booze = the kryptonite to my technological self-control. I have a problem. It's not my fault.
 
I'm also a stalker so when we saw ScarJo make a play for the bathroom I totally took advantage of the fact I'd been downing liquids all night. (See above regarding awesome wine deal.)
 
My friend and I darted in behind her; I almost knocked her over with the heavy bathroom door. Whoops.
 
Just so you know, the girl is tiny. Wispy would be a good way to describe her. Creepy would be a good way to describe me.
 
I tried to pee as fast as humanly possible so we could be washing our hands at the same time because then we would probably become best friends, laughing over that time I almost demolished her with the door. Then I'd be too busy to write this blog post because I'd be with my new besties bonding over Austin's awesomeness.
 
But that wasn't the case so here I am. Great.
 
Eventually we cut ourselves off from celebrity stalking and cheap wine, and as we walked by their table near the exit, I had a twinge of "Just go say hi!" motivation. Except I realized Sandra was crouched down next to their table chatting.
 
I figured it would be rude to knock her over. (Pantomime of me kicking Sandra over.) She's been through enough this year.
 
P dot S: If you're in Austin looking for good food, the lamb scaloppini (lamb medallions topped with crab meat and fried spinach) was amazing. And the macaroni, but I mean, duh, of course it would be delicious. It's macaroni.

My wonderful friends at Bess.

1 comment:

  1. Wowee lady!! Oh how I love a good Austin/Celebrity encounter - sounds like you hit the motherload! Sandy B used to shop at By George when I worked there a million years ago and was always so nice and lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete