Monday, December 6, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I will always prefer warm weather to cold and sun to snow, but there is something undeniably magical about December in New York. Within a week, the entire island switches from Gotham City to Santa's Workshop.

Little pockets of cheer throughout even the most mundane areas. Sparkling lights, big red bows. Bells and baubles, wreaths and trees.  
I adore it.


Hard to light the menorah when it's made of ice.
 
Embracing my ear muffs, puffy coat, and scarves, I ventured out in the cold with Ashley to soak up the festivity this weekend.

Don't worry, we managed not to get locked out of any places. (Too soon?)

We braved the masses and meandered through the Union Square and St. Bart's holiday markets (my life's radius also includes Grand Central Terminal and Bryant Park markets too, making question how many spoon jewelry artisans can this city have?).

We made a stop by Wink! boutique in SoHo to meet Katy from Sugarlaws, one of my favorite bloggers. She was so cute and nice, styling me in some adorable dresses and making it very hard to remind myself that I'm supposed to be shopping for others right now.

The weekend went by too fast, which is only a precursor to how the rest of the month will fly by too.

In a little over two weeks, I'll be home to celebrate in Texas. Where it will probably be 80 degrees. And then it will really feel like Christmas.

P dot S: When we were little, my aunt would give each of us a specific ornament. I would get bears, one brother got choo choo trains, and the other rocking horses. As you can see, some of my bears migrated north. It's one of my all-time favorite Christmas traditions.

1 comment:

  1. Umm, let's see:

    1. Super jealous that you got the meet Katy! I swear, someday I'll find a super hip and cool blogger in DFW and get to meet her. Or... something like that.
    2. It's ass cold here today. Just sayin'. I keep seeing tweets from the NYC folks talking about snow flurries. I wish we had flurries here. It would at least justify this stupid sub-40 degree crap.
    3. I invite you to done some purple on New Years Day and perhaps put a rose or two out for the occasion. We're the only team in the state NOT staying in TX for its bowl game. Why? Because the football gods hate both me and my bank account. That's the only logical excuse.

    Go Frogs. :)

    ReplyDelete