Sunday, December 12, 2010

Matchmaker, Matchmaker

I'm only semi-ashamed to admit this, but I'm borderline obsessed with Millionaire Matchmaker. Particularly because this season takes place in New York and that makes me like things 1000 times more, but also because I find matchmaking to be a far-too-overlooked way to meet someone.

The current window in which I'm most likely to meet someone I'm interested in is from about 10pm to 2am. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I am doubtful that the guy who I met while shoving onion rings in my face at a burger joint in D.C. was my soulmate. Mostly because after asking my name three times he still couldn't remember it. Call me old fashioned, but I think that I'd like my FH to know my name. Or am I being too demanding? (Although anyone who still likes me after seeing me devour a totally unnecessary 2am meal might be my soulmate, maybe I should have made more of an effort?)

Lots of people turn to online dating. I'm not against the idea, actually I am kind of intrigued about the ability to be so selective and stalkerish up front, but I'm also lazy. And jaded. Technology has increased our social circles far and wide, but I think the options are overwhelming. Part of me is intimidated. Part of me is lazy.

And so now

No comments:

Post a Comment