Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Spooky Tale of Halloween Depression

Ever since I was little, I've loved Halloween. Coming up with a costume idea, crafting it myself, showing it off - all things I look forward to every year.

Except this year. I could not get excited about it. At all. And so it was the first year I did none of those things.

Blame it the perma-state of being unsettled (we applied for a pretty great apartment but didn't get it), the lack of Halloween-related opportunities (although we have made some new friends!), or the rabid case of PMS pumping through my veins (I swear the full moon made it worse). Either way, for the first time in my life, I just didn't care. 

Normally any such malaise is over come by peer pressure: everybody else is doing it! Get excited! Halloweeeeeeeeen! But this year my end of October newsfeed has been dedicated to documenting power outage updates (my heart breaks for east coast destruction) and puppy babies wearing cutesy costumes.

I would say less than 3% of my Facebook friends dressed slutty and got wasted this year. I mean, who am I? An adult with adult friends?

What is happening to the world?

P dot S: Spiros and I did watch Hocus Pocus, though, so Halloween wasn't officially boycotted. Phew. I knew you'd be worried something was really wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment