Friday, October 26, 2012

Wherein My Juggling Skills Come In Handy

As part of our house hunt decision making resolution, we had to break up with our current realtor, the one who'd shown us around when we came to visit in August. He's totally great - the equivalent of my mother, the best realtor in Austin, in terms of friendliness and helpfulness - but he specializes in the suburbs. Basically, as much as we got along, we wanted different things out of life. He acknowledged it was his loss. That's what they always say.

We were set up with another realtor, a woman who had helped Spiros' new coworker find a place. We chatted on the phone, I felt a connection. The only problem was that Spiros' relocation service was busy trying to set us up with a candidate of their own. Sure she seemed nice, but was she really our type?

Both realtors left voicemails about helping us this weekend. When I picked up Spiros from work yesterday, I was a wreck.

Me: What are we supposed to do? I feel bad breaking up with one of them!

Spiros: Breaking up?  

Me: I mean, I can't lead them both on, can I?

Spiros: Well, if anyone knows how to juggle two people, it's you.

(Oh that Spiros, turning into such a comedian these days...)

Anyway, I came up with the solution to go with the recommended woman this weekend. She's showing us a few apartments we're excited about. If we hit it off, we'll stick to her. In the mean time, I told the relocation agent that we were super busy and I'd be in touch in the future.  (Classic line, huh?)

Looks like my years of New York dating and rejection have come in handy. Who would have guessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment