Monday, November 5, 2012

Who Would Have Guessed We'd End Up In Beverly Hills

On Sunday, Spiros and I headed down the Pacific Coast Highway toward LA. Near Malibu, we found ourselves driving next to three Lamborghinis. "Ugh, this place stinks of money. How can people show off like that?" Spiros complained. I reminded him we just signed a lease in Beverly Hills. We're blocks away from Rodeo Drive, the stinkiest of the stinkiest.

And I can't wait.

For starters, I love being the poorest person in my zip code. It makes me feel safe. Secondly, the house (well, technically it is a duplex) where we will be living was built in 1927. It makes me feel young. And last but not least, there are the most beautiful trees lining our street. Which makes me feel like we're living in Santa Barbara, which is akin to living the dream.

We fell in love with the place online last week. It's basically like online dating where you look at the pictures a million times, totally planning your life together. Who cares if she has a crappy personality, she is beautiful! Luckily she was just as charming as we'd hoped.


After hearing that we got it, we celebrated by doing some online shopping. (I am definitely a bad influence in this relationship.) It was also a good test to see if Spiros and I are compatible.

Anyone who loves this shower curtain as much as me and urged, "Buy it! Buy it!" has to be my soulmate.
I would link to it, but then my mother would know how much it cost and would yell at me.
So creepy, huh? I love it.

Anyway, we won't move in for a couple more weeks, but I'm just happy we know where we're going! And, bonus, the place has a separate guest room over the garage. So let us know when you're coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment