Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Walk Down Memory Lane

I have said before, I had the best college experience imaginable. And while I made lifelong friends there, I was also lucky enough to go into it with The BFF by my side. Since we are both still in town for the holidays, she suggested we drive over to campus to stroll around to remember the good ol' days. (Or due to the onslaught of construction during the past four years, complain like old women about how everything has changed. And not for the better.)

First stop was our dorm where we were roommates freshman year. Hardin House is an all girls residence where boys are not even allowed upstairs. Which is how we sort of live in New York considering our apartment set up. Except now we don't have daily housekeeping. Sighhhh. Life is so hard. 


Our next stop was the bench where The BFF was once dumped by her boyfriend. According to Facebook, he is a super weirdo now, so she should have the upper hand but instead she likes to make (joking) comments about how one day they will be together. As you can see, she's still pretty broken up about it.


From there we walked to my other former residence where I was spoiled with chef cooked meals and housekeeping, reminding me that is kind of a miracle I turned out so awesomely well-adjusted as I did. By well-adjusted, I mean "able to keep myself alive." 


We walked around the main campus too, with views of the Texas Capitol in one direction and the UT Tower in the other. Although I might be biased, UT has the most beautiful campus. Also, "What start's here changes the world." Which is not biased, it is our slogan. Therefore it is truth.



And since Austin's (unofficial) slogan is Keep Austin Weird, I leave you with this iconic image. (Iconic why I am not sure, but it is definitely weird.)


It was a fun day. And the fact it was 65 degrees didn't hurt. God bless Austin "winter." And Hook 'em Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment