Monday, December 5, 2011

Paris Is For (Imaginary) Lovers

BIG NEWS: I saw Ryan Gosling in Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent an hour and a half with him!!! He was soooooooooo cute. Totally Sexiest Man Alive material. He looked just as good as he did in Crazy, Stupid Love. Smokin' hot. Except I had no idea he had so much pain boiling up behind those steely blue eyes. Like, I swear his gaze was massaging my soul. I know it sounds weird, but it was powerful stuff. I mean, maybe you just had to be there? But I don't know if you could have looked past all the blood. So much blood.

Oh, I saw him in the movie Drive, did you realize that? Are we not on the same page? God I am such a confusing writer. MY BAD. But either way, Team Ryan!

Our encounter took place at the end of an exhausting day spent wandering around the streets of Paris. Ellen and I had stumbled on a theater showing American movies with French subtitles and quickly capitalized on the opportunity to sit down out of the rain and drool at Mr. Gosling. When we pulled the trigger on movie choices, we knew very little of what to expect. As in, I had no idea there would be lots of literal trigger pulling directed at peoples' heads.

When the movie opened stateside a few months ago, my Facebook Newsfeed was littered with "Woah, Drive is intense!!" status updates. I honestly thought it was more like "Woah, Ryan Gosling is really good at maneuvering a vehicle!" or "Woah, Ryan's piercing eyes can put you in a trance!" (I believe what I want to believe.)

There was a point in time when I fancied myself quite the Quentin Tarantino aficionado. Now I am an old woman who can barely stomach the sight of blood. (Even dripping down the work-of-art canvas that is Ryan's perfect face!) Long story short, I had zero idea that I would be watching Ryan bash in a guy's head with his foot in an elevator. (Don't worry, I'm not spoiling the movie - there are plenty more scenes of gratuitous violence in store.)

So yeah, I saw Ryan Gosling in Paris. Which almost made up for the fact that our dreams of eating at Chipotle were shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment