Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pre-Paris Anticipation

Paris has been packed with celebrities during the past week or two. Including Ryan Gosling, who, I'll admit, I used to not get what the big fuss was about. I mean, sure, he was cute or whatever, but kind of not that special?

And then one day I opened my eyes. He is stunning, I realized. How could I have been so wrong? Why did I wait so long to make this discovery? My life could have been so much better had I known from the start. From now on, Team Ryan all the way! He was robbed this year, People, robbed I say!

This isn't the only thing I've been so blindly wrong about. For years, decades even, I made the ridiculous claim to hate sour cream. No thanks, I'd say, none for me. And then, after a life-time of rejection, I tried it. It was love. Taste bud magic. Why had I deprived myself of its wonderment?

Speaking of sour cream, there is a Chipotle in Paris. YES. You read that right. This is only the second location in all of Europe so it is prettttty big news. Sweet, glorious Chipotle, oh how I've dreamed of our reunion. (FYI Ellen and I booked our trip before learning about this if that somehow makes me seem less pathetic.)

Either way, this weekend's itinerary: Fantasize about Ryan Gosling walking the streets of the City of Love while consuming as much sour cream as humanly possible atop my burrito.

I must make up for lost time, after all!

(Don't judge. Okay, maybe just a little bit. But we're all entitled to our own priorities.)

No comments:

Post a Comment