Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Love Letters

I know this blog is a little confusing because sometimes I talk about boys (more trouble than it's worth at the moment, but just you wait until I'm out of the country, bwahaha), my favorite subject my life and what I've been eating lately, and then there are the occasions where I will wax poetic about my love of The City. (Those times do not tend to take place during that horrible span of months I like to call winter!)

Anyway, below are a few more things I'll miss most. Please indulge me:

  • Dogs wearing shoes. Never gets old. Ever. 
  • $7 manicures at Sun Tan Nails on 1st Ave. Omg I love you and how you do not insist I partake in small talk. I appreciate your wide and varied color selection. Oh and the abundant supply of new-ish magazines because even though I check People.com every day doesn't mean I don't need to read the full article in print too. Please don't change.
  • Any green space, whether it's my beloved Madison Square Park or just a clump of trees on the sidewalk. It makes me so sad to think you'll be barren and icy when I return. Sigh.
  • The bus. People look at me like I'm insane when I talk about how much I love the bus. It's not hard! Just Google map your directions and it will tell you which bus to take. Then you can stay above ground and look around. It's glorious! No really, it's quite lovely. And cheap. 
  • Oh fantastic chopped salads, you have ruined me for regular salad. It's just not the same. Not at all I say! Maybe they have you in Berlin? One can only hope.
  • Friends: Oh dear sweet friends. Yall are the best. Whether we met years ago when I first moved here or we became besties last week, I love you. Making platonic friends is hard work. But you were worth it. I'm so glad we had that awesome time rocking out to my favorite jam "I wanna dance with somebody" and/or remember when we saw [insert celebrity name here] when we were on a walk? Can you believe you made out with that younger guy at a bar and/or totally got checked out by that super creepy old man? And that one time I tried to set you up/you tried to set me up. Seriously, it never works out, but maybe it will someday? Oh silly you and all our fun times. Please don't forget me. Can we have a brunch date when I get back? Or perhaps a Christmas party? Oh yes definitely. It will be classy and also maybe will include jello shots. Mark your calendars: December 17. (It's never too early to start planning for the holidays, you know how crazy it gets then!) xoxo

Okay, that's it for now. I'm off to do some more "soaking it all in" friend time at Crocodile Lounge. Which, that reminds me, please add "Free delicious pizza with every drink purchase" to things I'll miss most.

1 comment: