Wednesday, July 6, 2011

And The Streak Continues

{All pictures courtesy of Jenni,
Story of My Life}
Once upon a time, I sent out a plea to make new girlfriends. And (former) blogger Elle responded. Long story short, I now count her as one of my closest friends. Then she introduced me to Miss M and two other close girlfriends, pyramid scheme of friends if you will (I mean that in the nicest sense of the term, obv).

And the Blogosphere is to thank for another new friend I made today. In an effort to keep myself busy with activities other than learning German, I reached out to the adorable Jenni from Story of My Life to see if she wanted to meet for a coffee "blate" (blog date) while I was in town.

The closest thing to a "what I wore" outfit shot
this lil blog will see. Sigh. 
I stumbled on Jenni's blog a few months back. Any blog that has tab about her love story is BAD NEWS for this Girl Who Cried Soulmate. (Please everyone stop whatever "work" you are doing and go read all the chapters immediately, which include a story about watching Serendipity on a whirlwind romantic trip to NYC. Otherwise known as the most awesome thing ever.)

So after I emailed Jenni, I waited with baited breath. OMG what if she's not interested?!?! What if she's too cool for me? What if she rejects me!? I'm very sensitive, you know.

Luckily, though, she said yes! And then, to add to the excitement, she suggested to we meet at Mozart's, a favorite hangout of High School Rachel.

Jenni was just as sweet, smart and fun as I'd guessed she would be. Oh, and she's so freaking STUNNING it's almost painful. (I mean, let's be honest, all of my friends are pretty so duh it just makes sense we got along.)

Anyway, unlike some lazy/terrible bloggers like moi, Jenni is also a great photographer. The words, "I hope you don't mind me taking some pictures of you" just made me laugh. Oh dear sweet new friend, you clearly have not met the Solo Shot Queen yet. 



Hopefully this new-found streak of "making an effort to make new friends" will keep on going as I prepare to, you know, move to a foreign country. But at least, if nothing else, I have a new pal to visit whenever I come back to Austin.



Thanks again, Jenni, for a fun morning!

3 comments:

  1. Gah, you are both gorgeous! It looks like you had a blast.

    I must confess I've been meaning to suggest a blate myself, but now that you're leaving for Germany, I'm scared to get attached (to the real you, not just your blog).

    On a related note, I know a gal who is looking for a shared apartment for four months this fall in your neck of the woods - are you subletting, perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... this was so sweet!! Thanks Rachel!! I'm so happy we got to meet up today, and I sincerely hope we can get together again whenever you're in Austin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always SO jealous of blogger meet ups!! I have yet to meet anyone in person that I've met through blogging. Glad y'all had fun! Jenni is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete