Monday, June 6, 2011

Story of My Life

I spent the weekend in Chicago for work, and on Sunday night I attended a cancer fundraising concert at the House of Blues. Since the majority of my time before that was spent either in the sprawling conference center or the adjacent hotel meeting rooms, I was excited to be let out of the cage so to speak. Plus let’s be honest, there is nothing more hilarious than watching middle-aged people get down on the dance floor. (My parents in particular.)

Although, while everyone was ‘groovin’ to the beat, it hit me that my own incredibly awkward dance skillz were made for events such as this because I have the same moves as a 60 year old man. Don’t ever discount the finger snap hip shake, it is a winner.

Speaking of winning, after getting discouraged when the band began to play a slow song (horrible flashback to middle school dances and not having anyone ask me…or you know, that last wedding I attended), we were about to head back to the bar when I spotted something even better: A queso bar. Oh sweet glorious melted cheese, you’re always there for me, aren’t you?

Hello old friend.
I returned to my seat with a heaping plate of chips swimming in delectability (originally I had the silly idea of ‘sharing’, ha) when my colleague’s client asked, “So how did you go on the dance floor and manage to come back with nachos?”

Oh, I’ve known you for an hour and you’ve just discovered the general theme of my life. And the title of my future autobiography:

Where did you find that food? The Rachel Upshaw Story.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I would take a queso bar over an awkward slow dance any day. :-)

    ReplyDelete