Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blast from the Past

Last week my ex boyfriend from senior year of high school was in town with some friends. I'm not sure when the last time we saw each other was, but I'm fairly certain it was at some point when I was dating the College BF. Aka it was probably a little uncomfortable.

(This ex also happens to be the *only* ex - to my knowledge at least - who reads the blog. So hi!)

In terms of my ability to reunite with people who I haven't seen in forever and have it not be that weird, I'd say I'm pretty good. Which is fairly shocking since I'm the queen of awkward interaction.

We met a bar in my neighborhood, caught up on our families, lives, jobs, etc. Everything was going fine. Until he told me I looked fat. Of course those weren't the words he used - or probably even his intention - but that's how it came off to me.

And so now I remember, sometimes it's better to keep the past in the past. Unless of course you used to be ugly and now you're really hot. Because, duh, why not flaunt it.

Clearly this isn't the case for me right now, but it IS my plan for Future Rachel. You see, when I imagine myself 10 years down the road, I see my face ...but on Kate Middleton the Duchess of Cambridge's body with her hair. Because that's normal. And/or realistic.

In the words of my friend Mere, "Please let me live the dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment