Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Letters to The BFF: Recycling Gossip

Dear BFF,

How are you? From the number of random celebrity-gossip filled emails I've gotten from you in the past few days, I assume you're doing well.

What have I been up to? Hmm, let me see. Attempting to be a real adult, which is gross. If you were here, you would definitely be making fun of all the professional clothes I just bought at Ann Taylor. I don't know if I've ever spent that much at one time, and ew, on suits. I know, right?

What else, what else? Speaking of acting like a responsible real-person, last Friday night I stayed in and cleaned out my room. Six bags of crap trotted to Salvation Army later, I felt instantly lighter. You would have been proud, although you're probably reading this saying, "Of course you just went and bought a bunch of new stuff." Duh, I did, you know me so well.

Besides recycling clothes, I've also been recycling guys. You know me, I'm so green. Like how it seems to happen every few months, the same trio of guys has popped back into my life once again. (I think maybe something about moving has made me welcome nostalgia more so than usual, but I promise I won't get carried away.)

Oh, and for some additional guy-recycling-gossip, you should know that there's a new-old guy back on the roster. A certain individual, who after a fun few months about dating, freaked out about the blog. You're right, it probably is a bad idea to write about him again. Oh wait, I don't care. Ah the joys of I'm-moving-to-a-foreign-country-so-nothing-matters indifference.

So how'd this all come about? Well, after not hearing from him for months, he forwarded me a screen shot from his Facebook, which apparently has a new security feature if you're logging on from a remote computer. It shows you a friend's pictures and asks you who they belong to. Of course his showed mine...and of course one of those photos was a random child on a leash. Because I am weird. Which apparently he finds endearing because in his message he said he missed me. Sucker.

Anyway, I wish you were here to gossip and be judgmental about him since that's what you do best about guys I like. It's not the same without you.

Love,
Your Loyal Wife

PS: Since this update was so boringly mature, I leave you with these gems. Man, we were fun back in our "youth."




Miss you. 

2 comments:

  1. "attempting to be a real adult, which is gross"--ummm. best thing i've read in ages. truly, truly awesome. thanks for making my night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, and have a grand time in texas for me, few things i'd like more than to sojourn to austin right about now.

    ReplyDelete