Monday, June 13, 2011

Comforting Confessions

I'm only a little bit embarrassed to tell you what I'm listening to right now: Time Warner's 90s Hits music channel. I find Jock Jams intertwined with R&B love ballads to be really comforting, okay? It takes me back to to a day when my biggest concerns revolved around events that took place at the mall.

And now, as I write this, singing along to lazy-ass Brian McKnight's "Back to One" (the man totally cops out of #4; c'mon, you're better than that, Bri), I'm combating a new-found, perma-anxiety attack about all the upcoming change in my life.

Hell yes, "Total Eclipse of the Heart" just came on. Turn around...every now and then I get a little bit...

Where was I? Oh right, self-pity about upcoming transitions. Also, I think I'm getting sick. Since Friday, I've felt like I've had that pre-cold cloud hanging over my head. Tonight I went to the gym. For literally five minutes. I feel guilty, but I just didn't have it in me.

While you might agree that feeling under the weather is an okay excuse for skipping out on a workout, it doesn't justify the shameful thing I did next.

I bought a romper.

I know, I know. But what can I say? I thought it would be a good Governor's Ball outfit. Plus this season's wardrobe needed its own man repellent.

Ha. "My favorite Mistake" is on...Sheryl Crowe, when writing this song, might you have been inspired by this bad boy?

Between a new outfit, all these sweet, throwback jams... Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody?" is next!...and the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches I also (shamefully) bought tonight, things look like they might be turning out okay. Middle school style. Which is fine by me. Because like I said, times were simpler back then. And sometimes simplicity in life is what you need.

(Really, though, the ice cream sandwiches were key.)

1 comment:

  1. I love rompers, but everytime I put one one, Chad is sort of mildly horrified. But they're awesome. :-)

    And I can't listen to Total Eclipse of the Heart without thinking of some crazy 90s horror movie where a girl is listening to it in her car right before she gets killed. I Know What You Did Last Summer maybe?

    ReplyDelete