Monday, February 21, 2011

The Most Mature Weekend You Can Have That Includes Sake Bombs

Friday night I stayed in to do my taxes and quarel with my domestic partner. I also went through all of my clothes, including those hidden in suitcases, underneath my bed, and fallen off the hanger in the back of the closet.

Saturday morning I woke up relatively early to collect all of my clothes to donate and my laundry to take to the drop off service underneath my building (that spells my name "Richal" and "Rachelle", but it doesnt matter I love them anyway). After a stop there, I lugged the six bags of donation items to a thrift store next to my gym. Just in time for a Pilates class. Not even 11 am, look at me go.

After that I ducked into The Strand, by far fave bookstore in the city, where I picked up a cookbook for our friend Dana's bday (she's a wifey and her husband assured me it was the gift that'd keep on giving) and one for me because why not. Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express was written for me. Over 400 short paragraph recipes broken down by season, to be cooked in a half-hour, with ingredients you should most likely have on hand? Most importantly, very limited fuss over specifics. I think my excitement over this book solidifies my maturedness.

Also my excitement over this oven mitt:

The rest of Saturday was spent primping and preening for a great birthday celebration, which began at an all you eat, all you can sake bomb dinner. Such a fun night.

Although Sunday included a few more crosses off the to-do list, the cold I could feel coming on hit strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment