Friday, February 25, 2011

The Banes of Our Society

I grew up thinking that cigarettes were bad. They were a bad habit and they were bad for your health. Why would people ever choose to do that? Gross. Which, while making me unnecessarily judgmental in my formative years, did do me a favor because to this day I've never smoked a cigarette.

I know. Kind of surprising. And at this point in my life, it's something I'm proud of. I mean, I have plenty of other bad habits and I do plenty of unhealthy things (things that you might think make me a bad person), but smoking cigarettes isn't one of them.

And I'm clinging to it.

There was another thing I'd never done - up until last week, that is - that I also held on to dearly.

I'd never worn Uggs.

Warning: Mixing the two ain't pretty.
I know. Kind of surprising. Much like cigarettes, it was something I'd gone long enough without that I'd hoped to always avoid it.

I mean, if you think about it, they're kind of similar. Granted Uggs haven't been proven to cause 1200 deaths per day, but much like cigarettes, society frowns upon them, guys think less of you, and it hurts your overall image.

Let's face it, they're both tacky.

But then I opened my big fat mouth to The BFF about this revelation. And do you know what that biatch did? SHE PEER PRESSURED ME. SHE LITERALLY FORCED THEM ON MY FEET. AGAINST MY WILL.

And you know what, I liked it. I liked the way it made me feel.

It only takes just one time. Ugh ...or should I say Ugg?

2 comments:

  1. literally my boss sent an email today asking me to not wear uggs to the office....ooooh bother haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggs are so incredibly ugly. Girls in Florida wear them. Florida. Seriously. I know what you're thinking. But then this Florida girl moved to VA. And now, I hear them soooo much!

    ReplyDelete