Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Some Things are Better Left Unknown

As girls, we like to feel to good about ourselves. Especially around the guys we like. That's why we go to all the effing trouble we do. Don't even get me started on the time, effort, money, etc. that keep us in tip-top dating shape.

But one thing we can't always control is body image. (I think we can all agree that is the worst phrase ever and I will try super hard never to use it again, I'm sorry.)

And a lot of it has to do with self-perception compared to guys we're dating. I'm by no means a tiny person, and this is a factor I have to keep in mind when I meet guys. How will I feel about us together? Is he too skinny? Is he tall enough? Will I feel like that giant Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters?

Fat Day Rachel 

So the other day one of my friends told me a story, probably one of top five best stories I've heard in forever. Normally I'd attribute such humor appropriately, but she shall remain nameless because I have a feeling she'd not be too happy if I did. (Although she does refer to me as "The Girl who likes to eat at Kennedy's Fried Chicken" ...so yeah.)

Anyway, she's dating a guy, who while taller than her, is not what you'd consider to be a big guy. She's been watching her carbs and maintaining her figure so she doesn't feel like a heffer. (One benefit of dating a thin guy is that it keeps you thin too!)

But the other day when she realized that multiple pairs of his pants had congregated in her room, she couldn't help but think Hmm I wonder if we're the same size.

Nope.

"I COULD NOT FIT INTO HIS PANTS!!!!!!!!!!! I could get the jeans on, but couldn't button them. And there was no way the cords were ever going to happen."

Hahahahahahaha.

Universal fear, mutual hell, and hilarious visual.

Girl, make sure to stay away from the Kennedy's, it will not do you any favors.

1 comment: