Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's That Time Of Year!!!

No, I'm not going to rave about the start of fall because of sweaters and boots, pumpkin "flavors" and falling leaves. For starters, I'm spending the season in Austin and LA so there will be none of the above (well, maybe a pumpkin coffee or two). Plus cool weather generally turns into cold weather and I'm so over that. I want to burn my winter clothes in a giant bonfire while I dance around it shrieking "CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!!" but I have a feeling that might not be totally wise? (Or sane.)

No, what I'm excited about is the return of my beloved TV friends. Because I live a sad life and TV is my best friend! (To my friends reading this, just kidding. You're my best friend!) But seriously, I love TV. And when I get to LA and other people love TV even more than me then I'm going to finally feel normal. Maybe. (Also I will feel pale and flat-chested, which I'm super looking forward to too.)

So now that shows are returning and new ones are just joining this world like little baby animals in the spring, let's discuss what everyone is really excited about. Because my second favorite thing to watching TV is talking about it with like-minded friends. (Kind of like politics, let's not debate, let's just celebrate...our sameness.) PLEASE?!

My boos.
Old friends:

  • 30 Rock final series (I might have just teared up typing that)
  • Parks & Recreation (if they kill this show, I will definitely tear up and/or die from devastation)
  • Gossip Girl final series (I am going to have a VERY hard time if they make S and D get back together after we all know she dumped him and married RR in real life. I mean, hello unbelievable. Also, let's reminisce about how I once met RR's younger blonde wife numero uno in the bathroom. Yes, met is loosely used in this instance.)
  • Parenthood (surprisingly addictive for a family-ish show) 
  • New Girl (SCHMIDT, SCHMIDT, SCHMIDT!!!!)
  • Happy Endings (I AM Penny)
  • Revenge (I caught up on this this summer, and let me just tell you, IT CHANGED MY LIFE. Okay, life was kind of dull at that point, but this show is realllllllly good.)
  • How I Met Your Mother (OMG just introduce the mother already. Or better yet, wouldn't it be hilarious if Ted just impregnated a ton of women along the way and finds out at the end of the show? Like, hey, here's your son! Maybe?)
  • Modern Family (I mean, who doesn't love this show?)
  • Up All Night (Although learning of the Will Arnett split - and reading whispers of a co-star affair - will make this harder to watch. DOES TRUE LOVE NOT EXIST!??)
  • DOWNTON ABBEY (Technically it returns in the UK in September, but not in the US till December. I have a feeling our ol' friend The Internet might help us get around that.)

New friends:
  • The Mindy Project (I already watched the pilot on Hulu. I liked what I saw, but then again I like Mindy. And also I've developed a new appreciation for Chris Messina.)

Wow. Clearly I will be busy (and/or have a problem). After listing it out, I realize it might be a wee bit of an adjustment for Spiros considering living together in Berlin took place in the summer without a TV. Hopefully he continues to love me when I refuse to make dinner because I'm "too busy with my programs."

What are you excited about? Are we TV compatible? Am I missing out on anything?? (You know, besides living a life of my own...)

No comments:

Post a Comment