Monday, September 17, 2012

Conversations With My Mother & Grandmother: Male Stripper Edition

I just got back from spending a wonderful weekend with my mom and grandma Dolo in Houston. After three months away, I have to say, I missed these crazy ladies.

As with any time the three of us get together, we had to figure out what movie(s) we were going to see. Considering this is the crew that forced Spiros to watch Old School the first time he came to visit, you never what what kind of high-brow flick we will pick.

Me: How about we see Magic Mike?
My mom: Oh I've already seen it.
Me: Really? How was it?
My mom: About how you'd think it would be - sleazy, but the dancing was phenomenal!! [Update: My mother would like for me to clarify that she does NOT like sleazy dancing]
Me: Oh yeah?
My mom: Seriously. I mean, lots of that "hunching" dancing [I assume she means "humping"], but Channing Tatum is really good. For a big man, he's so graceful! Did you know he used to be a stripper?
Me: Yeah...?
Dolo: I just hate male strippers. They really creep me out.

Considering either have an opinion on this subject had me and my cousin in a fit of giggles for an hour. I come from a long line of classy ladies, and I couldn't be prouder.

No comments:

Post a Comment