Saturday, November 7, 2009

You Deserve This

So the "certain male friend" I refer to in the opening of my profile is a guy who I've worked with/been friends with since I moved to the city.

This guy we will call Jersey because he's from there and always seems to be going there, not because he's super "Jersey" - ALTHOUGH HE DOES ROCK A GOLD CHAIN OCCASIONALLY!!

Anyway, he's a genuinely good guy, fun, attractive, etc. [Note: Am I doing a good job of building up your ego??] ... although he might have the emotional fragility of a 13-year-old girl... and he thinks my blog is scary. Apparently guys do not need to know the inter-workings of girls' minds...

So Jersey sits down the hall from my cubicle and will occasionally stop to chat. He works directly for the president of the company who also sits down the hall and also likes to stop and chat. Yesterday I mentioned to his boss I wasn't feeling very well. He proceeded to give me a five minute lecture on the importance of my health and how I should leave immediately. I "promised" I would in a little while so he'd leave me alone.

Later I receive this gchat message:

Jersey: opps.

me: huh

Jersey: i owe you an apology, you are about to be aggressively harassed. Boss asked if you had gone home yet, and I said I don't know then he said, "She really looked like she wasn't feeling well." and like an idiot I said "Great, means she'll probably get me sick too" implying you are going to get your co-workers sick. Instead, he took it and ran with it, and made a bunch of wild gestures... so I'm sure you'll be hearing about that.

me: HAHAHA

Jersey: he said "way to go" and now im uncomfortable

me: HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA great...i need to get the F out of here immediately

Jersey: seriously. please do

me: first im going to email him and ask him to please keep our secret relationship to himself MUAHAHAHAHA ..JOKING

Jersey: my goodness. im incredible... only i could get the judgment of an office relationship without the perks...i suck

me: HAHAHAHAH seriously hilarious...minus the fact im involved

Jersey then went on to complain about how is life is a comedic tragedy - DUDE HAVE YOU READ MY BLOG? Tons of crap happens to me constantly! - what a baby.

So I told him I would blog about this, which he didn't appreciate. But one time he did say that I could use the blog to try and introduce him to girls. So I've merged the purpose of this blog: hilarious office non-romance gone awry and finding Jersey a date.

Like I said, he's cute, funny, has a soul. He enjoys eating. And making fun of Texas.

[Note: I love matchmaking. Clearly it's in my blood... I will be honest, though, my track record is not amazing...but this could turn things around...]

Let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment