Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bavaria & A Bit of Austria

Here are a few more photos from our most recent adventures. Get excited, they're of *gasp* landscapes and buildings! And - since today is your lucky day - I've thrown in one of a rotund, old man on a bicycle, a cow covered in flies, and a giant slug! 

I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to explore this part of Germany. One of my biggest regrets from my time in Berlin last fall was never making it to Bavaria. I never got to experience "real" Germany with the cute fairy tale towns full of white houses with brown wood beams decorating the outside. 

When I commented to the wife of Spiros' friend about how beautiful all the little villages were - we made it a point to drive through them instead of only taking the highway autobahn - she said, "Oh really? I guess I'm just so use to the architecture from living here that I don't really notice their beauty." I guess that's how it is wherever you live.

But don't you think these places are pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment