Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Keep In Mind My Bed Used To Be In The Living Room

We've had our first guests over this week now that things are finally settled, and I'll be honest, it was nice to hear their feedback about our place. The words, "OMG I hate you" is the reaction I was going for. 

(Let's be real for a second. It pays to be living with a real adult who gets a real relocation package. I can't pretend like I did anything to pay for these things. I'm just a bossy visionary.) 

Anyway, I've worked hard trying to make this place feel like home, and luckily Spiros has been on board with (most) of my suggestions. Bonus, being from Greece, he isn't afraid of bright blue colors. 

Here are a few pictures of the place where we spend most of our time. (I won't say because it's the only room with a TV, but let's be real again. Duh.):

Pillows and curtains mostly from World Market. I bought the infamous Elephant lamp this time last year in Berlin! 
The painting leaning against the wall was painted by Spiros' mom, currently hiding wires away from a baby gremlin. 
Is it creepy that when I first saw the couch and coffee table at Spiros' place in Berlin like the first week we were dating I thought, "I could totally work with those"?


Tray from Target, coasters on sale from Anthro & that Anthro vase was only $28 aka practically free from that store!

Vintage chair from One Kings Lane. Baby puppy courtesy of heaven.
 Keeping temptation at bay.


Table from One Kings Lane, mirror from Home Goods. 
And, last but not least:
Surprise anniversary cake ordered by someone who knows how much I love turquoise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment